6/8 Time Signature
11%
Change Time Signatures mid song
15%
Change tempo mid song
20%
Movable tracks
15%
Add Folders (grouping arrangements and mixdowns)
26%

Total votes: 468

Divedivine

Re: Feature Requests - Cubasis

Post by Divedivine » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:54 pm

velanche wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:51 am
Chords and Scales

It would be immensely helpful if I can choose the project to be in a certain scale and root key, which will carry across throughout the entire project, similar to Garageband and Logic. I believe that I can copy and paste a scale track-by-track, but setting it on the project level and having it cascade throughout would be way easier.

Also, I know that in the pads mode that there’s a limit of 16 pads, but my wish is that it can extend to 64 pads, similar to Maschine Jam and Beatmaker. It just would make things that much more flexible, especially when one doesn’t know chords.

Just my twos; thank you!
V.
Agree...
This should be prio 1.

ierato

Post by ierato » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi all I have to say that the app is amazing but in my opinion tempo track must definitely be added also double tap ‘n drag to select instead having to press the icon all the time and the option to add custom sounfonts in micro sonic and being able to select the default soundfont of your liking.

unknown crewman

Post by unknown crewman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 am

Requests for two enhancements

Leaving Cubasis became a PITA on the new iPad without a home button. A swipe to leave Cubasis is way to risky, since it easily could damage a song. As a workaround I enabled AssistiveTouch. However, it would be better, if Cubasis would provide a button in the top bar to leave Cubasis.

There should be a way for archiving projects on external media and to load them from an archive media. When using iTunes' file sharing it is possible to save and load files and it also works to save folders, but IIUC it's impossible to load a complete project folder. Let alone that file sharing for the Cubasis Audio/ folder fails for my two iPads with a duplicate file name error. Fortunately it works for all other Cubasis folders.

Iskander

Post by Iskander » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm

@unknown crewman

There are many ways to export/import projects to external media. I often wonder, why nobody knows the trick. I use this solution for YEARS! I never used iTunes for this...

There are many good solutions, especially from RAVPower like:
https://www.amazon.de/Speicherkartenles ... hotspot+sd

Or this one:
https://www.amazon.de/RAVPower-Kartenle ... W1YQ4VJ920

I use the older model RP-WD01 for years without any problems with SD-Cards, USB-sticks and Hard-drives up to 2TB (!).
This way you can import or export many formats (wave, mp3, jpg, docs, Cubasis projects...) inside many apps like AudioShare, Cubasis,... (i.e. open-in). You have to use a iOS filehub-app to manage your files. These are ‚FileHub Plus‘ or ‚RAV Filehub‘.

There are some videos on YouTube like:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eMVUXWm2UPo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlByiZ23oZw

I hope, this solve your (and others) point.

regards
Michael

John1289

Post by John1289 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:34 am

Lazyass08 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm
Usindpg Cubasis 2 about month and I think it’s really good. But it can be amazing
Must have reaquests from my point of view
* grouping tracks
* arrangement markers
* scales in keyboard/midi edit modes
* clips renaming (I found only tracks renaming)
* more routing options cuase sometimes freezing isn’t best choise
* export mixdown per track in one zip file. I like to make final touches in desctop daw and exporting every single track to dropbox is waiste of time
* and ofcourse link support to sync host with old iaa aps like patterning, ielectribe and samplr. because now it’s real pain and i need to use 3rd party apps like midiflow
You can rename clips.its been able I think ever since Cubasis come out.take a look at the photo.
Attachments
D2701F6D-9EE6-42E8-8BF1-3951E09C4571.jpeg
(331.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet

John1289

Post by John1289 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 am

The app it’s self is pretty solid.but Pleaseeeee gives us at least one of the most requested features, this year.at least one.
1 Buses (real sends)
2 Side Chain (audio routing)
3 User folders in the Mediabay(a real folder management) and if possible drag and drop from Filesapp.

In regards to the requests of hardwares controlling Cubasis, that can wait.That’s definitely something that would be cool.but then we miss the whole point of the touch Daw.
It shouldn’t be a priority for now in my humble opinion.
PleAse give us at least one of the 3 above even as IAp.
Pleaseeee

unknown crewman

Post by unknown crewman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Thank you Iskander,

I'll keep this in mind. For the moment I'll stay with iTunes, since I randomly noticed that the File Sharing's "Add File..." becomes "Add Folder...", when pushing a shift key. I didn't test it yet, so there might be pitfalls.
Btw. I'm now accustomed to use AssistiveTouch as a replacement for the missing home button.

Regards,
Ralf

reduk

Post by reduk » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Hello,

already a very good app, very intuitive and efficient but it would be great to have a delete /insert mesaures beetween locators and like already said , groups, Aux bus, side chain , midi learn inside Cubasis
Regards
Thierry

Stan19

Post by Stan19 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Cubasis works like a charm.
Need couple of features to improve comfortability:

1) Have created subfolders under Midi/User with collections of external midi drum patterns.
That works fine, but there are no option for quick auditioning(preview) of these patterns.
That is not very comfortable when selecting appropriate pattern from collection.
Can hear how pattern plays only after gragging it to midi track.
Please add audition(preview) of external midi files (like it works in desktop Cubase). GM sound would be OK.

2) Ability to control "Record On/Off" from external midi controller.
When recording guitar it takes time to press record button and then to move hand to proper position on fretboard. Precount works nice and helps a lot, but not absolutely. It would be better to press foot switch on a midi controler (like FCB1010 or similar).

Thanks in advance !

jameslondon74

Post by jameslondon74 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Please add a ‘notes’ option per track or per project. So that we can add misc information. Eg presets used in an audio track, ideas, intentions etc.

Midiexpert

Post by Midiexpert » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:06 pm

id Like to see the split screen feature to allow me to have Cubasis on one side and my lyric sheet or notes on the other side of my iPad Pro screen, I use lyric cheat sheets, but it’s tough if I need to see and manipulate my cubasis app while still having the lyrics up. Many of apples apps allow this split, and some third part apps, such as iReal Pro, also support it, please consider this feature that n yiur next upgrade.

omniphonix

Post by omniphonix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 am

Here are some of my biggest feature requests for Cubasis in order of priority...

1) A dedicated drum editor. It could be like desktop Cubase's native drum editor or like Beat Designer in Cubase or some hybrid. It's really a pain to edit velocities on stacked notes in the key editor, which happens a lot with drum sequences.

2) Half/double-time MIDI parts. It could be a simple button function or a sizing applies time scaling like the Cubase tool. Honestly, I wish for the Logical Editor from Cubase, but maybe that is too much to ask. Anything would be better than having to do this by hand.

3) MIDI overdub modes. Putting a new part on top of an existing part is not very intuitive. I am constantly having the hit the glue tool. I would at least like the option to merge to existing part, even if it's just in the Setup > MIDI menu.

4) Limit on-screen keyboard to show only notes in scale/key. Lots of iOS synths have this option and it makes a lot of sense when you are trying to play an on-screen keyboard with limited real estate. It would be really nice when I don't have a MIDI controller handy.

I don't see much need for additional instruments and effects, that's what AU is for (although maybe Steinberg should start releasing some of their own AU plugins). I think the focus should be on the core DAW and it's MIDI and audio features.
Main DAW: Core i9-7940X | 32GB DDR4 2666 | Asus Prime X299-A | Radeon RX570 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB & 850 Evo 2TB | Acer T272HUL | UR824 | CC121 | Virus TI | MCU Pro | Akai MPD232 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 v1809 | Cubase Pro 10 | Reason 10

DAW/Gig NB: MSI GT76 9SG | Core i9-9900K | 64GB DDR4 2666 | RTX 2080 8GB | 2x PM981 512GB NVMe SSD RAID0 | 860 QVO 2TB SATA SSD | iConnect Audio4+ | Akai APC40 mkII | Akai MPK249 | Win10 Pro x64 v1809 | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10

iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 3 1TB: Same Audio4+ as above | CME Xkey 37 | Cubasis | Cubase iC Pro | Many IAA/AU Apps

blakkaz

Post by blakkaz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Cubasis has been my main DAW for ~12 months now. Loving it, but...

The file management is painful!
Can we please get proper Files app support?

omniphonix

Post by omniphonix » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:44 pm

I just thought of another one that is increasing in priority as my app collection gets bigger, sorting instruments and effects into folders. Scrolling through a list organized by developer is not useful when I am looking for my 2 or 3 delay apps. Scrolling through all my synths to find my drum apps is equally painful.
Main DAW: Core i9-7940X | 32GB DDR4 2666 | Asus Prime X299-A | Radeon RX570 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB & 850 Evo 2TB | Acer T272HUL | UR824 | CC121 | Virus TI | MCU Pro | Akai MPD232 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 v1809 | Cubase Pro 10 | Reason 10

DAW/Gig NB: MSI GT76 9SG | Core i9-9900K | 64GB DDR4 2666 | RTX 2080 8GB | 2x PM981 512GB NVMe SSD RAID0 | 860 QVO 2TB SATA SSD | iConnect Audio4+ | Akai APC40 mkII | Akai MPK249 | Win10 Pro x64 v1809 | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10

iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 3 1TB: Same Audio4+ as above | CME Xkey 37 | Cubasis | Cubase iC Pro | Many IAA/AU Apps

visualz

Post by visualz » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Cut Audio (Wishlist) - in addition to the current feature where you can set in and out points to an audio clip and hit “trim”, I’d love to be able to “slice” at a single cut point so the result is nothing gone, just two new audio clips i can then move around etc.

Without this, the current workflow is a lot of work duplicating a track and using trim.
GaryD
Orlando, Florida

DAW(s) >>>>>>>>> Cubase 10(Win), Cubasis iPad
Apps & Plugins >>>> Roland Cloud, Roland Sound Canvas, Syntronik Deluxe (PC/iOS), Rozetta (iOS)
Hardware >>>>>>> iConnectivity mio10, Mackie ProFX12v2, Roland HD-1, JD-Xi, SPD SX-LE, System-8, TR-707

xopherw

Post by xopherw » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:24 pm

Would be nice if we could insert bars at current position - pita to have to try and select everything and move them with accidentally stretching things
xopherwpdx

Delaurant

Post by Delaurant » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Dedicated drum editor with real drum sounds
The ability to loop record into playlists
Ability to change time signature and tempo in the middle of a track
Grouping tracks
Memory locations
Folders

..and maybe some integration of Apple Pencil and keyboard shortcuts could be great too

Mondwest

Post by Mondwest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:55 am

Hi all!
For sure Cubasis is the greatest daw on IOS.
But it would be great to improve internal instruments :
-Minisampler really need a filter with enveloppes and an LFO
-Classicsmachines need individual instruments pitch .

Pitchy

Post by Pitchy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Not sure if this thread is still looked at, but if so:

I often accidentally move a track when trying to trim it or when trying to use the fade-in/fade-out handles at the start or end of the track. Please adjust the hit points/hit region for 'track move' such that they start a little further from the edge. Hope that's clear!

qbassa

Post by qbassa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 am

Linear interpolation between automation points (not stepped value change)
Drawing tools other than free hand: line, logarithmic acceletating and decelerating
Bar insert at cursor

unknown crewman

Post by unknown crewman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:59 am

Pitchy wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:41 pm
[snip] I often accidentally move a track when trying to trim it [snip]
+1

Lithalean

Post by Lithalean » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Use mounted APFS 2TB external’s files directly within Cubasis
(Hot Linking)

unknown crewman

Post by unknown crewman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:49 am

There's no free Apple file aystem support for Linux. Using the Apple file system is no option for me, since I need to share files between a DAW running on a Linux machine and Cubasis.

Btw. I still need to test, if connecting an USB drive directly to the iPad Pro or to my WLAN Router works. I suspect the first won't, but there's a little chance that Wi-Fi via the router might do the job.

Btw. the iOS app AudioShare is useful to workaround some common iOS file sharing issues.

At the moment I'm testing a Cubasis competitor on my iPad Pro that provides a lot of features Cubasis is missing. Maybe I'll report back at gearslutz.

analogdog

Post by analogdog » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Cubasis is great, and I spend many hours recording audio music tracks. I record audio tracks and frequently accidentally move audio events when in the project view. In other words, I accidentally touch recorded audio events and accidentally move the event laterally, thereby moving it in time, or I accidentally move it vertically to another track. Sometimes I do not notice the accidental movement of events until a later time when it is very difficult to restore the event to where it should be. Therefore, it would be very helpful if you could add a button in the project view to lock the location of all of the events. In other words, one button that would lock the movement all of the events in the entire project, to prevent accidental movement of events. This would give me a lot more confidence to use Cubasis for professional projects. Thank you.

analogdog

Post by analogdog » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm

It would be very useful to be able to easily export mono stems of all tracks with no effects. Presently in Cubasis I can only produce a stereo file of each track by using the mixdown feature and choosing create separate files for tracks. Thank you.

Return to “Cubasis”