Page 1 of 1

wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 pm
by Guest
i don't care that it's cost £9 to upgrade to the pro version id just like to say thanks steiny for opening it up for our own samples ...brilliant !

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 pm
by Muziksculp
Many Thanks to Steinberg for listening to our requests, and releasing Padshop Pro, now loading our own samples into Padshop Pro is a big plus.

Steinberg Rocks !

Cheers, and Applause,
Muziksculp

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:12 pm
by dorremifasol
The new reverb effect sounds very nice too :)

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:45 pm
by Strophoid
Anyone who has it: what does it let you import? Wav's? Other filetypes? What about samplerates/bitrates? Is there a maximum length?

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:51 pm
by Guest
so it says ,aifc ,aiff,wav ,tg3,wave 64,rex,rex2, thats all ,no mp3 ,

ive spend 3 hours playing with it and im absolutly over welmed ,it's pretty amazing ! ;) ;)

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:57 pm
by Cantankerous
Can anyone kindly let me know how drum loops sound when imported? Can you play around with a drum loop and put up a sound file I can hear?

If you import RX2/WAV, are you able to adjust the tempo to match the project from within Pad Shop pro to keep things in time with the rest of your project?

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 pm
by Stealth
I'm just imagining all the possibilities of importing my own samples and then tweaking certain parameters on a per note basis... this is blowing my mind!

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:09 pm
by Guest
Stealth wrote:I'm just imagining all the possibilities of importing my own samples and then tweaking certain parameters on a per note basis... this is blowing my mind!
it certainly is a crazy tool for sound manipulation and with note expression on top it's going to take some beating im very impressed so far and this is a gear junkie talking :o :o

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm
by cenk
What do you do before importing a sample? I am asking this because when I import a wav file (by drag n drop), it imports and I can play it but I still hear the sound of padshop's sound behind my sample's sound. How can I delete everything (every sound and filters etc) on padshop before importing a sample?

I tried to import a drum wav sound, it plays it like a synth sound. What should I do first to hear the original sound of the sample when I import and play?

Thanks,
Cenk

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:48 pm
by Guest
cenk wrote:What do you do before importing a sample? I am asking this because when I import a wav file (by drag n drop), it imports and I can play it but I still hear the sound of padshop's sound behind my sample's sound. How can I delete everything (every sound and filters etc) on padshop before importing a sample?

I tried to import a drum wav sound, it plays it like a synth sound. What should I do first to hear the original sound of the sample when I import and play?

Thanks,
Cenk
you need to play around with the formant as a lot of the samples are at a higher formant than the original sample but what you need to remember a granular synth plays little grains of the sample in different orders ,just play with it and you'll se ;)

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 pm
by Strophoid
Ah well, just got it, can't really go wrong with €10,- :)
Hope I can get some time with it tomorrow.

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 pm
by goddfodder
I remember a whole wave of reaction aimed at these new synths during the days after the release of 6.5. A lot of people considered these synths as gimmicks and saw no real reason to pay the price and upgrade.

I think now, after this release,.. Well thats not gonna be the case for a whole load of those people. Padshop pros a real addition to Cubase and what it can do.

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 am
by Joan Cubaez
goddfodder wrote:I remember a whole wave of reaction aimed at these new synths during the days after the release of 6.5. A lot of people considered these synths as gimmicks and saw no real reason to pay the price and upgrade.

I think now, after this release,.. Well thats not gonna be the case for a whole load of those people. Padshop pros a real addition to Cubase and what it can do.
Agreed. At first I was sceptical but I admit, then I got surprised how well Padshop's sounds fit into my songs.
Though I must say, I'm not overwhelmed by the sound quality & modulation possibilities, if I compare it e.g. to RAZOR vom Native Instruments which I purchased for just a 40 €.

Nevertheless congrats to our Hamburgers & thumbs up for this release!

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 am
by Bacizone
Joan Cubaez wrote:Though I must say, I'm not overwhelmed by the sound quality & modulation possibilities,
What is the problem with the sound quality?

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:01 pm
by Joan Cubaez
Bacizone wrote:What is the problem with the sound quality?
Just the plain fact that Razor which is about the same price level sounds way better: crispier, clearer, more powerful and modulations are much more impressive.
Sure, I'm talking about different ways of synthesis and I admit, I haven't yet listened to the Pro-version with the newly integrated reverb. It certainly does a good job in my arrangements, but I always have to put a certain effort into this instrument (e.g. compression/loudness/transparency) to make it work for me in the mix.

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:36 pm
by HalfPastEternity
Finally I can drag my vocals into it, exactly what I was hoping for when it was first released. Thanks for the upgrade. :)

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 pm
by Guest
Joan Cubaez wrote:
Bacizone wrote:What is the problem with the sound quality?
Just the plain fact that Razor which is about the same price level sounds way better: crispier, clearer, more powerful and modulations are much more impressive.
Sure, I'm talking about different ways of synthesis and I admit, I haven't yet listened to the Pro-version with the newly integrated reverb. It certainly does a good job in my arrangements, but I always have to put a certain effort into this instrument (e.g. compression/loudness/transparency) to make it work for me in the mix.
id get your ears checked and cleaned if i was yopu because there is absolutely no problems with sound quality at this end ....some people are never happy :roll: :roll:

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:49 pm
by Joan Cubaez
filterfreak wrote:
id get your ears checked and cleaned if i was yopu because there is absolutely no problems with sound quality at this end ....some people are never happy :roll: :roll:
some need an ear check, others a mind check. Such is life...

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 am
by cenk
Is it possible to load different samples to each notes on padshop pro?
I mean for example a battery kit. Is it possible to load bassdrum to C, snaredrum to D etc. If so how?

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:07 am
by Elektrobolt
cenk wrote:Is it possible to load different samples to each notes on padshop pro?
This is not possible. Padshop does not work like a traditional "sampler".

Re: wow padshop pro

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm
by Centralmusic
yes, Padshop is more like NI´s Absynth: one wav (sample) = 1 oscillator ("waveform")