wow padshop pro

All topics on Padshop and Padshop Pro

wow padshop pro

Post by Guest »

i don't care that it's cost £9 to upgrade to the pro version id just like to say thanks steiny for opening it up for our own samples ...brilliant !

Muziksculp

Re: wow padshop pro

Post by Muziksculp »

Many Thanks to Steinberg for listening to our requests, and releasing Padshop Pro, now loading our own samples into Padshop Pro is a big plus.

Steinberg Rocks !

Cheers, and Applause,
Muziksculp
Cubase Pro 9 , Groove Agent 4, Halion 6, Halion Sonic 3, Padshop Pro, RND Portico EQ & Compressor, Wavelab Pro 9, The Grand 3, Antelope Audio Goliath, Antelope Audio Pure2., Windows 8.1 Pro

dorremifasol

Post by dorremifasol »

The new reverb effect sounds very nice too :)
Intel i5 750, Windows 7 64 bit, 16g RAM, Cubase 9, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5 RME Fireface 802

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

Anyone who has it: what does it let you import? Wav's? Other filetypes? What about samplerates/bitrates? Is there a maximum length?
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

Post by Guest »

so it says ,aifc ,aiff,wav ,tg3,wave 64,rex,rex2, thats all ,no mp3 ,

ive spend 3 hours playing with it and im absolutly over welmed ,it's pretty amazing ! ;) ;)

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous »

Can anyone kindly let me know how drum loops sound when imported? Can you play around with a drum loop and put up a sound file I can hear?

If you import RX2/WAV, are you able to adjust the tempo to match the project from within Pad Shop pro to keep things in time with the rest of your project?
Asus P8P67
8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Echo Audiofire8
Virus Ti Desktop
Novation 49SL MKII
UAD-2 Quad x 2
CUBASE 7.5
HALion 5

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

I'm just imagining all the possibilities of importing my own samples and then tweaking certain parameters on a per note basis... this is blowing my mind!
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Post by Guest »

Stealth wrote:I'm just imagining all the possibilities of importing my own samples and then tweaking certain parameters on a per note basis... this is blowing my mind!
it certainly is a crazy tool for sound manipulation and with note expression on top it's going to take some beating im very impressed so far and this is a gear junkie talking :o :o

cenk

Post by cenk »

What do you do before importing a sample? I am asking this because when I import a wav file (by drag n drop), it imports and I can play it but I still hear the sound of padshop's sound behind my sample's sound. How can I delete everything (every sound and filters etc) on padshop before importing a sample?

I tried to import a drum wav sound, it plays it like a synth sound. What should I do first to hear the original sound of the sample when I import and play?

Thanks,
Cenk
Software: Windows 8 (64 bit), Cubase 7 (64 bit), Vienna Ensemble Pro, Steinberg VSTs, East West Play VSTs 64 bit

Hardware: Intel i7 3.4 Ghz CPU, 32GB DDR3 Memory, Steinberg/Yamaha MR816X DSP Sound Card & CC121 Controller, M-Audio Keystation, Event Reference Monitors, Rode NT2-A

Post by Guest »

cenk wrote:What do you do before importing a sample? I am asking this because when I import a wav file (by drag n drop), it imports and I can play it but I still hear the sound of padshop's sound behind my sample's sound. How can I delete everything (every sound and filters etc) on padshop before importing a sample?

I tried to import a drum wav sound, it plays it like a synth sound. What should I do first to hear the original sound of the sample when I import and play?

Thanks,
Cenk
you need to play around with the formant as a lot of the samples are at a higher formant than the original sample but what you need to remember a granular synth plays little grains of the sample in different orders ,just play with it and you'll se ;)

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

Ah well, just got it, can't really go wrong with €10,- :)
Hope I can get some time with it tomorrow.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

goddfodder

Post by goddfodder »

I remember a whole wave of reaction aimed at these new synths during the days after the release of 6.5. A lot of people considered these synths as gimmicks and saw no real reason to pay the price and upgrade.

I think now, after this release,.. Well thats not gonna be the case for a whole load of those people. Padshop pros a real addition to Cubase and what it can do.
Cubase 7/6/5/4 ~ i7 950 ~ Asus P6X58D-E ~ 12Gb DDR3 1600Mhz ~ ATI Radeon HD 5850 ~ 2T Samsung ~ Akasa Nero S ~ Win 7 (64) ~ Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ~ Yamaha KX 25, Yamaha KX 49, Novation Impulse 61.~ Yamaha HS80's.

Joan Cubaez

Post by Joan Cubaez »

goddfodder wrote:I remember a whole wave of reaction aimed at these new synths during the days after the release of 6.5. A lot of people considered these synths as gimmicks and saw no real reason to pay the price and upgrade.

I think now, after this release,.. Well thats not gonna be the case for a whole load of those people. Padshop pros a real addition to Cubase and what it can do.
Agreed. At first I was sceptical but I admit, then I got surprised how well Padshop's sounds fit into my songs.
Though I must say, I'm not overwhelmed by the sound quality & modulation possibilities, if I compare it e.g. to RAZOR vom Native Instruments which I purchased for just a 40 €.

Nevertheless congrats to our Hamburgers & thumbs up for this release!
Win 7 64 bit ++ Core i5 2500k ++ Cubase 6 ++ UAD-2 ++

Burger Bar.......this is my 12th century church where I come for holy substance.......

Bacizone

Post by Bacizone »

Joan Cubaez wrote:Though I must say, I'm not overwhelmed by the sound quality & modulation possibilities,
What is the problem with the sound quality?

Joan Cubaez

Post by Joan Cubaez »

Bacizone wrote:What is the problem with the sound quality?
Just the plain fact that Razor which is about the same price level sounds way better: crispier, clearer, more powerful and modulations are much more impressive.
Sure, I'm talking about different ways of synthesis and I admit, I haven't yet listened to the Pro-version with the newly integrated reverb. It certainly does a good job in my arrangements, but I always have to put a certain effort into this instrument (e.g. compression/loudness/transparency) to make it work for me in the mix.

Burger Bar.......this is my 12th century church where I come for holy substance.......

HalfPastEternity

Post by HalfPastEternity »

Finally I can drag my vocals into it, exactly what I was hoping for when it was first released. Thanks for the upgrade. :)
Long list of gear. Woohooo, look how much stuff I've got!

Post by Guest »

Joan Cubaez wrote:
Bacizone wrote:What is the problem with the sound quality?
Just the plain fact that Razor which is about the same price level sounds way better: crispier, clearer, more powerful and modulations are much more impressive.
Sure, I'm talking about different ways of synthesis and I admit, I haven't yet listened to the Pro-version with the newly integrated reverb. It certainly does a good job in my arrangements, but I always have to put a certain effort into this instrument (e.g. compression/loudness/transparency) to make it work for me in the mix.
id get your ears checked and cleaned if i was yopu because there is absolutely no problems with sound quality at this end ....some people are never happy :roll: :roll:

Joan Cubaez

Post by Joan Cubaez »

filterfreak wrote:
id get your ears checked and cleaned if i was yopu because there is absolutely no problems with sound quality at this end ....some people are never happy :roll: :roll:
some need an ear check, others a mind check. Such is life...

cenk

Post by cenk »

Is it possible to load different samples to each notes on padshop pro?
I mean for example a battery kit. Is it possible to load bassdrum to C, snaredrum to D etc. If so how?
Software: Windows 8 (64 bit), Cubase 7 (64 bit), Vienna Ensemble Pro, Steinberg VSTs, East West Play VSTs 64 bit

Hardware: Intel i7 3.4 Ghz CPU, 32GB DDR3 Memory, Steinberg/Yamaha MR816X DSP Sound Card & CC121 Controller, M-Audio Keystation, Event Reference Monitors, Rode NT2-A

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

cenk wrote:Is it possible to load different samples to each notes on padshop pro?
This is not possible. Padshop does not work like a traditional "sampler".
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

yes, Padshop is more like NI´s Absynth: one wav (sample) = 1 oscillator ("waveform")
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Return to “Padshop and Padshop Pro”