Padshop 2 not visible in Logic Pro 10.14.6?

All topics on Padshop and Padshop Pro
Hod

Padshop 2 not visible in Logic Pro 10.14.6?

Post by Hod »

Hi folks.
Not sure why my post on Friday hasn't surfaced, maybe it got missed or binned by moderator gremlins?

1. Does anybody know the correct installation path for Padshop 2, both the content and the program, for a 2017 Macbook pro, running Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) running Logic Pro (10.5.1)? I have used Steinberg's download assistant and the library manager.

2. I have been tearing all available hair out installing, re-installing Padshop 2, deleting AU Cache, re-setting LPX prefs, contamplating human sacrifice at dawn etc. :(

3. The issue is that since I installed Padshop 2, it appears to have wiped all signs of Padshop Pro I previously had installed and which worked just fine on LPX. Padshop 2 is all licensed and registered just fine in the e-licenser (6.11.10.2266)

4. Although LPX plugin manager can "see" Padshop (2.0.10), Padshop is not visible as an available drop down instrument. I have Absolute 3 steinberg instruments and they are all visible and available.

I await the wisdom of Steinberg's glacially slow support gremlins. Apple listened very well but said they couldn't figure it out either.
Any morsels of help or guidance appreciated, thank you!
Hod

devin32

Re: Padshop 2 not visible in Logic Pro 10.14.6?

Post by devin32 »

Hi Hod,

I have the exact same problem: plugin manager has successfully validated Padshop but it is not visible as a drop down instrument. All other Steinberg products work fine. I have also tried re-installing Padshop 2, deleting AU Cache and re-setting LPX prefs (not the human sacrifice though...).

I contacted the Steinberg Support for this two months ago. They replied after 1 month and couldn't figure out the problem. They said it worked fine on their end.
I was wondering if you (or anybody else) had found a solution during the last month.

One thing I'll add is that Padshop (Audio Unit) works perfectly fine in Ableton Live 10.

samur

Re: Padshop 2 not visible in Logic Pro 10.14.6?

Post by samur »

Hello Hod,

I joined this forum few minutes ago just because of this very topic you mentioned above. I have the exact same problem with the exact parameters you have. Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) running Logic Pro X latest version, USB e-licenser latest ver. etc.

Not only Padshop 2 (update from PS Pro) not in the instruments list but my previously working PS 2 and Zero Gravity also disappeared from instruments list. Pity.

Please post on this issue if you solve it somehow, sometime. I will appreciate it indeed.

Samur

Return to “Padshop and Padshop Pro”