CMC-CH or FD controlling Stereo Out on Mixer

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers
rabyss

CMC-CH or FD controlling Stereo Out on Mixer

Post by rabyss »

I am new to the CMC system but have found one early issue. Is there away to get the CMC-CH or even the FD to control the Main Stereo Out on the mixer. When you scroll with the CH with the > function, the individual input channel strips are chosen but I cannot get the the CH to control the main output so I have to resort to the old mouse to get this done. Is there some othere CMC module that will allow control of the Main Out?
Rabyss

No1DaBeats

Re: CMC-CH or FD controlling Stereo Out on Mixer

Post by No1DaBeats »

The AI Knob should do that. You'll still have to move your mouse over it once.
But then you're able to lock the parameter.
Surface Book 2 (i7 16GB), Steinberg UR28M, Yamaha KX 49, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Cubase Pro 9, WaveLab 8.0.2, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..

taiwanizer

Post by taiwanizer »

How about adding one final group channel to your project so it sits farthest do the right in the mixer. Route everything to this group and the group output alone goes into the stereo output. Now you can controll the sum of everything with the FD when you bank select all the way to the right.
Just a workaround, though. Not the real thing. One of quite a number shortcomings. by design? lack of testing? Well...

BriHar

Post by BriHar »

No1DaBeats correctly reported that the AI knob can control the main mix level, you do not need to have your mouse over the control however, the AI controller has a dedicated Vol mode which allows control of the main mix irrespective of the mouse. ;)
"...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61."

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase Pro 10.5.20 - 64bit | Cubase AI 10.5 | WaveLab 9.0.10 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Contour Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

Return to “Steinberg CMC Series”