Surround routing question

For users of legacy Steinberg Nuendo software
Rob Elliott

Surround routing question

Post by Rob Elliott »

My engineer is mixing in 5.1 and he’s sending me 6 mono files back on each cue to check mix and 5.1 balance check. I have L, R, Ls, Rs all playing beautifully. But his center and LFe (tracks – signal is hot enough and shown) are not being SENT to the Master out - and thus not playing back with the other four (even though I routed them there).

For ALL of the new audio channels I set up - When I set up a NEW 5.1 audio channel and THEN ‘route’ to one of the 5.1 speakers – an error message says

“Sorry, this input configuration is unknown or not supported” (I hit ‘ok’ anyways and the four mains work just fine BUT not center and Lfe).

In my sequence just playing back I can ROUTE signal to any of the six speakers so I know the card and all cables are fine.

(I have RME multiface card btw).

Thanks for any help or advice.
"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

W10 - 128 gb ram / i9

Dietz

Re: Surround routing question

Post by Dietz »

No actual solution or explanation, just a workaround: You say that you get multiple mono files (from an older ProTools-DAW, I assume)? Then just leave them as they are, put them on separate tracks and "hard-wire" them to the respective target-outputs. That should do the trick.

HTH,
/Dietz

| audio | engineering | music | production |
| soundware | development |

| Nuendo versions from 5.5.6 to 10.3 | on various systems and platforms |
| Steinberg user since the 80ies | Nuendo user and forum member since 2000 |

Rob Elliott

Re: Surround routing question

Post by Rob Elliott »

Thanks Dietz - it turned out to be a RME 'total mix' routing issue. Sorted out now and all working. Thanks again.
"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

W10 - 128 gb ram / i9

Return to “Older Nuendo versions”