Nuendo 5.5.5 Hangs on Loading Mixer:Loading Channel Audio 01

For users of legacy Steinberg Nuendo software
GlennJr

Nuendo 5.5.5 Hangs on Loading Mixer:Loading Channel Audio 01

Post by GlennJr »

I'm having a "major" problem with 5.5.5 hanging when loading a project. Particularly, it will hang mostly on the "Loading Mixer" window: "Loading Channel: Audio 01".

This has come out of the blue. To my knowledge, nothing has been installed, uninstalled or changed in any way with the computer. I need to kill the program and restart Nuendo and try again. I'd say it's 50/50 whether a project will open or not. It doesn't matter if it's a pre-existing project or brand new one.

I've tried uninstalling Nuendo and reinstalling with all the updates to no avail.

The only thing strange--other than the problem--that I've noticed is that my converter (Lynx Aurora) now "lights up" when I start Nuendo (many of the lights blink once). It has never done that before. Not sure if that's a symptom or related to the cause.

Does anyone have any clue what might be going on?

At first I thought it might be related to a faulty VST (or Jbridge), as I've had problems with a 'bad' vst before. But again, this happens with a new project or no plugins loaded. So I'm really at a loss.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

WINDOWS 7 - 64 BIT
NUENDO 64 BIT
LYNX AURORA 8 CONVERTER
STEINBERG TRANSPORT CONTROL
STEINBERG QUICK CONTROLLER
8GB RAM

GlennJr

Re: Nuendo 5.5.5 Hangs on Loading Mixer:Loading Channel Audio 01

Post by GlennJr »

SOLVED *knock on wood*

This kind of thing always seems to happen, right? You mess around with a problem for several days and when you finally give up and ask for help, it either fixes itself or you finally figure it out.

Figure I'll write what the problem was in case anyone ever has a similar problem in the future...

When I described the problem above it got me thinking about the Aurora's lights blinking. That had to of meant something. So I reinstalled all software associated with it...drivers, firmware, etc. Nothing...

I about gave up hope until I remembered the darn Firewire card! It has firmware and drivers too. Doh! So I reinstalled all of those and VOILA! Seemingly fixed. Let's pray it stays that way. I've opened 20+ projects without a problem. :)

Return to “Older Nuendo versions”