Upgrade to 5 out of stock, no 6 release. Help please!

For users of legacy Steinberg Nuendo software
pjproby

Upgrade to 5 out of stock, no 6 release. Help please!

Post by pjproby »

I am beginning a very large film project, and had to upgrade Nuendo yesterday, since my computer died and I had to buy a new Mac Pro. I purchased an upgrade to 5 yesterday. Today I received this message:

"Unfortunately it is not possible to deliver the ordered product, as Nuendo 5 is a discontinued product that we will not receive new stocks for. We are very sorry for the inconveneince caused, but had to cancel the order. "

I have NO Nuendo to work on, and no Nuendo upgrade is available to purchase. Help please!

Thanks.
PJ

pjproby

Re: Upgrade to 5 out of stock, no 6 release. Help please!

Post by pjproby »

Yes, I get that there is a gap between v5 and the release of v6, but that still leaves a professional user forced to look elsewhere for a solution for the films he is working on now. Steinberg leaves me with this choice: either buy a full-priced package from a third party if I can find one, even though I am eligible for an upgrade, or go with the other company's platform instead– that really does have a very strong professional audio for picture support base. It makes me feel like they don't value my business.

Return to “Older Nuendo versions”