[FR] Copy & paste settings between plugin windows

For users of legacy Steinberg Nuendo software
Schottlandru

[FR] Copy & paste settings between plugin windows

Post by Schottlandru »

Hey there,

I think this has been brought up before, but I cannot find a post on this...
What I really like about PT and find missing in Nuendo is the ability to copy and paste plugin settings from one window to another, like say the notch eq settings from one plugin window and apply it in preview mode to the same plugin window or a corresponding one on another channel (when notching the same noise from boom/lavs, or applying same settings from an earlier scene).
Is this on the list? I always have to to save as preset and load preset etc. Takes longer :-(

Andrew
Nuendo 6.5 | ProTools 11HD | RME Fireface 800 | Dell M6700 | i7 | 16 GB RAM | Win 7 64
www.andrewmottl.com

Rotund

Re: [FR] Copy & paste settings between plugin windows

Post by Rotund »

I just use the old Alt + Drag and Drop of the plugin if I need multiple instances with the same settings.

Hope this helps
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Samplitude Pro X2, Studio One 3.5, CD Architect 5.2, RME Raydat, UAD PCIe Quad+Duo.

Outboard:
Moog Model D (Vintage), Sub 37, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, DSI OB-6 Desktop, Prophet Rev2 8 Voice, Roland Integra 7, SE-02, Korg Prologue 16, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo.

Schottlandru

Post by Schottlandru »

That would be an option for static mixes, but I'm talking about hefty film sound scene automation. Unfortunately that is not a workaround here :(
Nuendo 6.5 | ProTools 11HD | RME Fireface 800 | Dell M6700 | i7 | 16 GB RAM | Win 7 64
www.andrewmottl.com

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

You can do that within the same channel (save your preview, and apply that preview later), but unfortunately not from one channel to another.

Which would bring it's own (massive) set of problems.

Fredo

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

my request since years:
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Fredo wrote:You can do that within the same channel (save your preview, and apply that preview later), but unfortunately not from one channel to another.

Fredo
What "(massive) set of problems"? PT does it flawlessly as far as I know.
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Schottlandru

Post by Schottlandru »

Lydiot wrote:
Fredo wrote:You can do that within the same channel (save your preview, and apply that preview later), but unfortunately not from one channel to another.

Fredo
What "(massive) set of problems"? PT does it flawlessly as far as I know.
Indeed it does :-(
Fredo, give ctrl+shift+c ctrl+shift+v (or apple+shift on a Mac) a go on PT. Fantastic feature!
www.andrewmottl.com

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Schottlandru wrote: Fredo, give ctrl+shift+c ctrl+shift+v (or apple+shift on a Mac) a go on PT. Fantastic feature!
+ 1 !
true.
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Dietz

Post by Dietz »

Ideally this would also work for plug-ins used for off-line processing, too.

We could create a certain setting in real-time (in context of the mix, that is) and copy/paste it to an instance of the same plug-in selected for off-line processing from the Audio > Plug-In-dialogue. Right now, we have to save a preset and reload it from the list.

... ProT**ls is quite complete in this respect.
/Dietz

| audio | engineering | music | production |
| soundware | development |

| Nuendo versions from 5.5.6 to 10.3 | on various systems and platforms |
| Steinberg user since the 80ies | Nuendo user and forum member since 2000 |

Return to “Older Nuendo versions”