On a pseudo-postive note, I did an experiment with saving a fully custom-labeled multitimbral instrument as a track preset, then reloaded the whole preset into a new project and it worked flawlessly
All custom names and routing was recalled, except the name of the first audio output lane was reset to its default. (The red arrow showing "Kt. st. 1"
is the default lane that shows up in the project window representing the first audio output. This lane is normally hidden when the instrument has only one (the first) stereo output enabled. As soon as you enable a second output, this first lane shows up. You can rename the lane but it has no practical effect and will get reset when you save the track preset and reload the track preset.)
- I made a Kontakt 5 instrument track. I loaded a clarinet and xylophone patch, with MIDI channels 1 & 2 and stereo outs 1/2 & 3/4 respectively.
- I renamed the rack instrument "Test Kontakt" from "Kontakt 5"
- I named the instrument track "Clarinet Stacc" (represents the first MIDI port and audio output, just like the old instrument track)
- I enabled a second stereo output
- I created a MIDI track named "Xylophone", routed it to channel 2 of "Test Kontakt" and assigned the audio output to the second stereo out.
- I right-clicked the instrument track and selected "Show Used Automation (Selected Tracks)." This displays all the audio output lanes.
- I renamed the first stereo out lane to "K5 Clarinet"
- I renamed the second stereo out lane to "K5 Xylo"
Now, playing MIDI on the instrument track triggers the clarinet sample and the audio shows up on the first stereo out. Playing MIDI on the MIDI track ("Xylophone") triggers the xylophone sample and the audio shows up on the second stereo out ("K5 Xylo").
Now, I selected all four tracks (instrument track, the two lanes, and the MIDI track) and saved them all as a multi track preset.
When I opened a new project and restored the whole track preset from the MediaBay, everything appeared as you see in the screenshot above. All the routings and names were in tact except for "K5 Clarinet" which gets reset to "Kt. st. 1" which is redundant any way because the instrument track itself is what the MixConsole uses as the display name ("Clarinet Stacc").