Installing Cubase SX3 onto Windows 10

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Penno80

Installing Cubase SX3 onto Windows 10

Post by Penno80 »

Hi everyone

I need to convert some old .all files to the new .cpr files

I have done this a few years ago on an older version of windows (Cant remember which). I did it by installing SX3 from the Steinberg site and then importing the .all files

Anyway SX3 wont install on my windows 10 it stops at .ttf and just freezes.

I tried various compatibility modes for the installation and it was also being an ars*hole and not installing. So that's the first issue if anybody can help with?

HOWEVER!!!! I managed to install it on an older windows 7 machine though and I thought to myself there is a God but then when trying to load the project it stops loading at initialising Direct X then completely freezes also behaving like and ars*hole and realise there is only the devil who keeps far*ing in my face on this issue.

Please does anybody have any solutions at all on this because it really is an urgent matter for an album I am working on and the deadline is fast approaching :(

Thanks

sellis67

Re: Installing Cubase SX3 onto Windows 10

Post by sellis67 »

im going through this now but i can't find my key dongle from 2003 lol. From what i understand, you have to install sx3 on windows 7 and then install virtuall windows xp on windows 7. then it will open. But if you can help me, im also trying to find a licensed or cracked copy of sx3 so that i can do the same thing you're doing.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”