Request : No more resizing !

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Quadrod

Re: Request : No more resizing !

Post by Quadrod » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Just to make things clear... it's the Cubase PROJECT window within Cubase we're complaining about, right? The Cubase program as a whole does not re size itself. It happens to me when I edit a fade or cross fade. Very very annoying.
Cubase 10| Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99 Deluxe | 64 Gig Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz | Win 10 64bit | UAD APollo Quad | And trust me, I did a Search on the Forum and I DID RTFM, so if your answer is RTFM or SEARCH, don't bother replying.

DRDRDR

Post by DRDRDR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm

@conman

We are MANY in that situation. Since you don't declare yourself as a Steinberg team member, there's no reason for you to try and minimize OUR VERY REAL issue. Be mystified all you want, we know EXACTLY what we are witnessing.

Regarding what you think you can deduce, let me rephrase that.

I have owned +10 different DAWs over the years (all types of hardware and OS). The Cubase Project Window resizing was happening on EVERY SINGLE ONE. My latest DAW is the most advanced sophisticated stable reliable I EVER WORKED WITH. Except for... Cubase and that PROJECT WINDOW RESIZING *flower*.
If your friend's DAW is based on your rig it doesn't surprise me he gets it as well.
By "my specs", I meant introducing my friend to an excellent professionnal DAW builder and telling him : Don't look at the price, buy the best of everything from him, ask him to watercool the hell out of it and get back to making Royalties. OS-wise, my friend didn't go for control freak tweaking as I did. He's facing the SAME Cubase Main Project resizing issue and EVER HAS.
Seems to be another case to reprogram the user rather than spend years haranguing the programmer
Unfortunately, rhetoric doesn't replace debugging. Steinberg is failing its customers.

JClosed

Post by JClosed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Quadrod wrote:Just to make things clear... it's the Cubase PROJECT window within Cubase we're complaining about, right? The Cubase program as a whole does not re size itself. It happens to me when I edit a fade or cross fade. Very very annoying.
This is what I mend by saying all windows should be configurable as "always on top". All goes well with a maximized project window, until a window (like cross fade) that is not configurable as "always on top" pops up and the project window goes wonky. Some plugins (that belong to the Cubase install, like some MIDI plugins) have the same problem.

I should think it would be easy to solve this problem. Just make all non-project windows configurable as "always on top" and the problem is solved. The resizing of the (maximized) project window would not happen any longer. As I said - it's not rocket science in my humble opinion.

As I said before - this all could be now solved by not maximizing the project window but in stead just re-size it. The drawback is a reduced workspace because the window top bar just takes extra space, and it's more easy to accidentally move the project window.

Again - I will make no demands (that's childish to do), but I really would be happy to see this somewhat irritating annoyance addressed, and so make the use of Cubase an even nicer program to use. Nothing wrong with that I should think..

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 pm

DRDRDR wrote:Steinberg is failing its customers
No it's not. Maybe some, but not me for instance, and Conman apparently. I have not ever had the problem of resizing windows, since I work with what I get. If software doesn't change, the user has to.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.40 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 pm

JClosed wrote:
Quadrod wrote:Just to make things clear... it's the Cubase PROJECT window within Cubase we're complaining about, right? The Cubase program as a whole does not re size itself. It happens to me when I edit a fade or cross fade. Very very annoying.
This is what I mend by saying all windows should be configurable as "always on top". All goes well with a maximized project window, until a window (like cross fade) that is not configurable as "always on top" pops up and the project window goes wonky. Some plugins (that belong to the Cubase install, like some MIDI plugins) have the same problem.
I'll repeat myself. Never EVER click the "maximize" button! If you want a window full screen (maximized) then pull the sides of the window out to the edges of the screen. You only need to do that one time because Cubase always remembers the latest setting... just set it and forget it.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14, Cubase 9.0.4

DRDRDR

Post by DRDRDR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 pm

If you think

- you don't have this issue (which CAN'T be solved with the actual as well as previous versions of Cubase) and
- you are not part of the company,

just spare us your useless paternalizing comments.
If software doesn't change, the user has to.
That's exactly what you are witnessing. Changing users who are starting to spread the word that this company FAILS THEM.
You only need to do that one time because Cubase always remembers the latest setting
That is NOT TRUE. Cubase will resize the Project Window even when it's not maximized. Not immediately, but for sure, it WILL. IT DOES.
Last edited by DRDRDR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JClosed

Post by JClosed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

@Stealth

If you had read my complete post you would have seen the remark:

"As I said before - this all could be now solved by not maximizing the project window but in stead just re-size it. The drawback is a reduced workspace because the window top bar just takes extra space, and it's more easy to accidentally move the project window."

So - for my daily use I do not maximize the project window, but scale it - exactly as you said. However for ME it feels like an unnecessary work-around. I would just like to have a maximized, non-movable, non-automatically rescaling project window, just like the majority of the software I use. That's in no way saying the work-around is unusable (and in no way saying Cubase is severely lacking), but only saying the work-around it is just not my preferred behavior. And seeing the remarks over here I have the feeling I am not a crazy demanding madman ;-).

Can I live with the work-around? Absolutely no problem! But I ask again - what's wrong with just having some wishes? It would only improve an already good program..

Conman

Post by Conman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

DRDRDR wrote:@conman

We are MANY in that situation. Since you don't declare yourself as a Steinberg team member, there's no reason for you to try and minimize OUR VERY REAL issue. Be mystified all you want, we know EXACTLY what we are witnessing.

Regarding what you think you can deduce, let me rephrase that.

I have owned +10 different DAWs over the years (all types of hardware and OS). The Cubase Project Window resizing was happening on EVERY SINGLE ONE. My latest DAW is the most advanced sophisticated stable reliable I EVER WORKED WITH. Except for... Cubase and that PROJECT WINDOW RESIZING *flower*.
If your friend's DAW is based on your rig it doesn't surprise me he gets it as well.
By "my specs", I meant introducing my friend to an excellent professionnal DAW builder and telling him : Don't look at the price, buy the best of everything from him, ask him to watercool the hell out of it and get back to making Royalties. OS-wise, my friend didn't go for control freak tweaking as I did. He's facing the SAME Cubase Main Project resizing issue and EVER HAS.
Seems to be another case to reprogram the user rather than spend years haranguing the programmer

I'm not telepathic. I don't know what you've got or how many of them. What I see here considering this outburst is that you don't want to do the simple thing of either taking the advice of NOT using the Maximiser but instead dragging the window which is the classic Cubase window solution SINCE the Atari.
If not and that doesn't work for you then you are expecting Steinberg to rewrite a program which suits a vast majority of long-time users and rejig the base of the program to suit you because you are apparently unwilling to investigate your own computer build practises.
That might not be the case but that's what it looks like so far and I see I'm not the only one with that point of view.
It's frustrating sure but don't get angry with us as we are only trying to solve a problem for you by pointing you in other avenues of investigation. It's frustrating for us too to see that you can't get this fixed as simply as we'd like, to stop you being so angry with it.
Have you emailed support on the matter? It might take a few goes to get the proper support guy who has this sort of problem down pat but getting an answer will be quicker than here. Especially as you have had the problem for so long.
There are other forums as well that could offer better help with this.
Have you googled it "Window sizing problem" say?

Like this; http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109202
and reading the post there's maybe a clue as to how it happens as this appears to happen with a Windows inside a Mac overlay that the Windows don't resize.
Now it has long been my impression that Cubase does impose it's own environment on the OS to a certain extent and that could be what leads to this behaviour. But it's the first theme I looked at and already I'm getting a picture of what might need to be done. I'm guessing that there's a registry error behind this somehow. But beyond that idea I need to do more thinking as I've only put 10 seconds to googling my own suggestion.
Need rest as recovering from an operation. Bye.
Last edited by Conman on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P6T deluxe; Core i7 920 2.67gHz; 12gig ram; Win7 Pro SP1; Roland Octa-Capture usb inteface; Cubase 6; and no 3rd party additions couple of hard drives PSU 750watt; NVidia GE Force 9600.
"An entrepreneur accepts that the world is the way that it is and goes about changing it rather than waiting for someone to make it easy for them."

Audun

Post by Audun » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm

DRDRDR is right. It's messed up either way. +1000 on this issue and a SOLUTION! Everytime we humans talk instead of doing something about an issue it's an EXCUSE and only prosponding the subject. Everything is possible.It is what you make of it. So tired of the windows collapsing when I press vst.

People are jumping over to Presonus studio one, I'm not suprised. They've really done something that the users want.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm

JClosed wrote:@Stealth

If you had read my complete post you would have seen the remark:

"As I said before - this all could be now solved by not maximizing the project window but in stead just re-size it. The drawback is a reduced workspace because the window top bar just takes extra space, and it's more easy to accidentally move the project window."
Yeah you're right... my bad :oops:

Actually I don't like that top bar taking up space either (because of the way I have my inspector setup with the EQ curve, Inserts, and Channel all showing), so what I do is I tuck the top bar underneath the Cubase menu bar. The only drawback is you get a vertical bar on the right, but thats not really a big deal for me since horizontal space if much less important than vertical space.

*edit: uploaded a screenshot of top bar tucked underneath the menu bar
Attachments
default.jpg
(341.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Stealth on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14, Cubase 9.0.4

JClosed

Post by JClosed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm

@Stealth

No problem ;)

Hmm... sounds like a a solution too. Indeed - Horizontal workspace is less critical (especially on a 1080p 24" monitor), than vertical space for me.

Still - if I could make a small wish... 8-)

DRDRDR

Post by DRDRDR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm not telepathic. I don't know what you've got or how many of them.
Glad you realize that.
What I see here considering this outburst is that you don't want to do
What you say you see doesn't make it real. Qualifying my messages as outbursts doesn't hurt their validity whatsoever, neither does qualifying my intentions by fabulating an inexistant reluctancy.
the simple thing of either taking the advice
Since they don't solve anything, you can stop calling them advices and expecting people to take them.
of NOT using the Maximiser
I have used the Maximizer by hand, with and without keyboard shortcuts, inside Cubase macros, in every conceivable way. I am now NOT using it anymore. And NOT USING IT DOES NOT HELP EITHER.
but instead dragging the window which is the classic Cubase window solution SINCE the Atari.
Dragging the Window WON'T WORK. Drag it, and a few minutes or hours after, upon moving something else, the Project Window will RESIZE ITSELF. Usually BIGGER than the whole Cubase Interface, which means we have to lose minutes each time grabbing the Project edges to resize it's Window again before we can get back to work.
If not and that doesn't work for you then you are expecting Steinberg to rewrite a program
Finally you get it. YES, WE WANT STEINBERG TO REWRITE THEIR SOFTWARE.
Since you like to refer to "vast majorities", I'd say WE WANT STEINBERG TO REWRITE THEIR SOFTWARE like VAST MAJORITIY of software users ALL OVER THE WORLD regarding ALL SORTS OF SOFTWARE since EVER. The difference, is that our crowd as been requesting that FOR YEARS and has been ignored FOR YEARS by Steinberg. YEARS !!!!!!! That's why we are now saying : FIX THAT or we will hurt your brand, we will spend our money elsewhere and we'll make sure we convince as many people as we can to do the same.
which suits a vast majority of long-time users and rejig the base of the program to suit you
Me against the vast majority of long-time users. You're funny.
because
Have you googled "cum hoc ergo propter hoc" say ?
you are apparently unwilling to investigate your own computer build practises.
You're not telepathic, remember.
That might not be the case
Because it isn't.
but that's what it looks like so far and I see I'm not the only one with that point of view.
I don't care. I'm not asking for your friendship, I'm requesting STEINBERG TO FIX THEIR SOFTWARE.
It's frustrating sure but don't get angry with us as we are only trying to solve a problem for you
I didn't ask for your help. I asked for a STEINBERG STATEMENT. Since THE FIRST MESSAGE "Dear Steinberg Team".
by pointing you in other avenues of investigation.
I have investigated that subject to death. I don't need more investigation. I am working to get STEINBERG TO FIX THEIR SOFTWARE OR TO CLEARLY SAY THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US, THEIR "long-time users".
It's frustrating for us too to see that you can't get this fixed as simply as we'd like, to stop you being so angry with it.
There's nothing wrong with Anger. Nobody asked you to read a topic which you are not concerned with.
Have you emailed support on the matter?
You suggested me to reach to real life people and studios, now to email support, other forums. Next, would you recommend I light a candle ? Writing here is what I am doing now. Someone at Steinberg is reading these very messages. If he ignores us he still has to assume that.
It might take a few goes to get the proper support guy who has this sort of problem down pat but getting an answer will be quicker than here. Especially as you have had the problem for so long. There are other forums as well that could offer better help with this. Have you googled it "Window sizing problem" say?
Seriously ? Yes, I have.
Like this; http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109202
and reading the post there's maybe a clue as to how it happens as this appears to happen with a Windows inside a Mac overlay that the Windows don't resize.
Now it has long been my impression that Cubase does impose it's own environment on the OS to a certain extent and that could be what leads to this behaviour. But it's the first theme I looked at and already I'm getting a picture of what might need to be done. I'm guessing that there's a registry error behind this somehow. But beyond that idea I need to do more thinking as I've only put 10 seconds to googling my own suggestion.
Need rest as recovering from an operation. Bye.
Take care and be sure to request higher standards from your Doctor than you ask from Steinberg.

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 pm

DRDRDR wrote:That's why we are now saying : FIX THAT or we will hurt your brand, we will spend our money elsewhere and we'll make sure we convince as many people as we can to do the same.
'We' being you and whose army? And why do you even bother after so many many years? I wouldn't spend another hour on software that gets me wound up like that. Bye.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.40 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

DRDRDR

Post by DRDRDR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:10 pm

We' being you and whose army? And why do you even bother after so many many years? I wouldn't spend another hour on software that gets me wound up like that. Bye.
I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Audun

Post by Audun » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Everytime a person speaks up and are not satisfied with something,they are looked at as strange,weird,different and always gets this message sub-communicated:Be quiet and don't ask questions...learn to deal with it.

Well whatever others say doesn't really matter.But If that's what steinberg folks are thinking,IF that's the case,they will lose customers. They should take peoples wishes into CONSIDERATION, learn and grow as a company. We didn't just buy a product.We bought (hopefully) a lifetime worth of "friendship" and an ever evolving product. Always wanting our product to meet our expectations and to be at it's peak...As good as anything out there,if not better. A customer can be a customer for life. To sell and make a profit should never be the case but try to give the masses what they desire,so we can shine and be all we can be.

This problem has been a problem for the masses for a very long time. It's an annoyance yes,but it's very clutsy and troublesome...So if anyone don't like it..Respect that opinion. This is not just 1 person. I honestly don't think people dare to speak up and talk about things they're not happy with. Namely because they don't wanna be judged as crazy.

Again,I'm suprised how many dear cubase users have jumped over to Studio One. An intuitive DAW all WITHOUT cluts. I don't see any annoyances with that,do you? Then why is that the case with cubase? Even it's the same OS.

@Steinberg; Do what you can to meet customers expectations, you need us,and we need you. Strive for the very best.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Audun wrote: Again,I'm suprised how many dear cubase users have jumped over to Studio One.
Me too... especially considering how limited it is compared to Cubase. For example:
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 91&t=24070
- MIDI is absolutely rudimentary.
- No drum editor.
- No score editor.
- S1 doesn't handle OMF files.
- No Split Arrange / Toggle Track List
- No Non-Linear Sequencing (Arranger Track).
- No S-type (logarithmic, exponential) curve to fade-in and fade-out.
- S1's media management is an absolute pathetic joke compared to the power of Mediabay.
- No split an imported stereo track into 2 mono tracks.
- No input gain in the mixer.
- No phase button in the mixer.
- No VST Expressions.
- No Parts and no Part-Editor.
- No dual panning in the mixer.
- No record output of channels.
- No Project Logical Editor.
- No channel button all Insert FX on/off.
- No channel buttons FX and sends on/off.
- No Control Room.
- No Note Expression.
- No In Place Editor.
- No Midi Plugins.
- No global on/off for automation.
- No Multiple output freezing (VSTi Rack)
- No Global Transpose (Audio & Midi).
- No "Volume Envelope Events".
- No Track Controls.
- No Mixer Reset Button.
- No "set timecode at now option.
- No Quick Controls, e.g. in Inspector.
- No export/bounce virtual instrument tracks in mono.
- Studio One is absolutely lacking in Film Scoring.
- It doesn't have the same level of hardware support, the routing is very limited.
- The included plug ins are not the greatest. Stock plugins are a joke (e.g. one weak Synth and Sample Player with very old soundfont libraries)
- Horrible support for control surfaces except for the (Surprise!) FaderPort. MCU support sucks, really bad.
- The freeze options is a bet messy and I don't think it unloads the plug ins from memory.
- Doesn't have descent panning (only one slider). This can be fixed with the pan plugin. But using a plugin to pan something.?
- Loop browser doesn't work properly. Loops don't sync correctly to tempo, and when i open my Virus TI it gets even worse, nothing syncs.
- You can't route an FX channel to another FX channel.
- Bouncing audio event causes a lot of mistakes.
- To bridge 32bit plugins you have to use a third party program. With J-Bridge it crashes to much.
- CPU usage isn't optimized IMO.
- If stability is an issue for you, Studio One is definitely not the DAW for you. There are A LOT of bugs in Studio One, sometimes from version to the next. 2.0.5 for example introduced crazy CPU spikes in the Mac version, though those seem to have been resolved in 2.0.6. Presonus' QA needs work imo. They introduced a new feature in 2.0.5 that doesn't even work in 64-bit mode (macro toolbar). In 2012 that is sacrilege.

CrunkNationEnt

Post by CrunkNationEnt » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 am

+1 This is a fair request, IMHO ... I think 'DRDRDR's request may be prefered over any other new feature that Steinberg may want to add to Cubase :idea:
DRDRDR wrote: Most natural order seems, project main windows fully fixed as maximized background, mixer in front, of course, with vsts on top of it all.

Please make it happen soon....

Seriously. We really need this. We spend years staring at the user interface, we users, need this.

Thanks.

Bertisevil66

Post by Bertisevil66 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 am

DRDRDR wrote: Most natural order seems, project main windows fully fixed as maximized background, mixer in front, of course, with vsts on top of it all.

Seriously. We really need this. We spend years staring at the user interface, we users, need this.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Also very important is to solve the poor plugin window management of cubase compared to pro tools and logic.

for example:
I have 10 tracks, on every track is a NEVE EQ from UAD inserted.
Now if I select track 1, the EQ window from the NEVE channel 1 plugin should open on top.
Now if I select track 9, the "old" EQ window should close and the channel 9 plugin window should open on top. and so on....
It works with the build in Cubase channel EQ, but why not with 3rd party plugins?
this important feature is a must have in a modern DAW and makes mixing in the box much more like on analog desks.
Win10 Pro 64bit, newest 64bit Cubase Version, i7 4970k, Asus Motherboard, 8 GB Ram, 500GB Samsung SSD, Focusrite Saffire 24 Interface.

Conman

Post by Conman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

CrunkNationEnt wrote:+1 This is a fair request, IMHO ... I think 'DRDRDR's request may be prefered over any other new feature that Steinberg may want to add to Cubase :idea:

Thanks.
It's a fair request all right but as some people have the problem and some people don't it might be an idea to find out who's doing the "wrong" thing with the program.
It's been there a long time so I for one assume that they haven't addressed it because it's a base part of the Cubase design and is hard to change. There does seem to be a windows sizing (using the maximiser button) issue regarding Windows Explorer if one searches the web and although it's fairly rare it does affect other programs as well.
My take on it is that the windows behaviour needs to be set up by the user and that's basically what I do but I guess it's arguable as to whether certain users feel that they just want the Windows to be a simple affair that they can forget about.
But saying that if one looks at the way Cubase sets windows layouts it does seem that if one has a Windows layout for mixing down say and then goes to another task like rerecording a track or adding something then somehow wouldn't it be expected that in some circumstances the windows would revert to a/nother user-set shape scenario?

Could depend on a few things like whether it was inbuilt into a template, say and the template was regenerated for the users Project style that the same behaviour for some would happen again and again.
Just thoughts. I'm trying to help solve it not help to complain.
Asus P6T deluxe; Core i7 920 2.67gHz; 12gig ram; Win7 Pro SP1; Roland Octa-Capture usb inteface; Cubase 6; and no 3rd party additions couple of hard drives PSU 750watt; NVidia GE Force 9600.
"An entrepreneur accepts that the world is the way that it is and goes about changing it rather than waiting for someone to make it easy for them."

Tommok

Post by Tommok » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Well, I guess some people who are not experiencing the problem are not really getting to the core of it (whow! I'm just having a déja vu! :mrgreen: )

Maybe someone could post a screen capture video of a window resizing imroperly?

Dave Wise

Post by Dave Wise » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 pm

The problem of resizing can be minimized:

When creating a project - expand the windows to the size that suits your screen
project window - edit windows and so on

Save the workspace

I find as the project gets bigger in size - using more memory - the windows become less stable
(this could well be a MS windows issue - as it does seem to be those projects that push the memory limits that have the problem )

so I have the 'saved' workspace assigned to a button on my controller (generic controller map) - which I can recall instantly

then when it all starts becoming unpredictable - the project window sizes can at least be restored instantly

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm

This has been discussed many times. The problem is caused by what is a standard MDI, "Multiple Document Interface", which is (relatively speaking) not a very good design for a modern DAW. Good for MS Word, maybe, a DAW, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_d ... _interface

Anything but a UI redesign / recode will be kind of just a hack around the root issue. Cubase simply - has - to get out of the MDI interface. When you have multiple child windows in a container in Wndows, that's how they behave in an MDI design. You simply can't "restore" any one window and leave another maximized, they all "restore". Songs in Cubase are all child windows.

In other modern designs - see Steinberg Sequel which is arguably the best general DAW GUI design Steiny has ever done imo - arrange - is - the main window, it's not a window inside another parent window container that doesn't do much of anything. Look how media bay and beat designer there dont vanish behind other windows.

In an SDI, (single document interface) when you maximize a window, it fills the - screen - not another window on the screen. And it stays maximized.

Screensets (storing and recalling window positions, whatever it's named in various places) really shouldn't have to be used for that.

There is no solution (afaict) other than a GUI change. What it' does is exactly how it's supposed to work. "Always on Top" and things like that are temporary hacks around some of the issues with it.

Swurveman

Post by Swurveman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:01 am

I spend so much of my time dealing with software issues- and always resizing windows is an incredible hassle among others- that I'm ready to scale down to the simplest, most easy to use software and do everything else outside the computer.
Cubase 10 Pro, Windows 10 , Intel Core i7 CPU, 950 @ 3.07 GHz, 16 GB RAM, , ATI RADEON 5450 Video Card 1GB - Dual DVI, 750GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64mb cache Hard Drive (OS), 2 x 1TB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64mb cache Hard Drive (Media), Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R LGA1366 socket motherboard for Intel® Core™ i7 processor family. Lynx Aurora 16, RME HDSPe

CrunkNationEnt

Post by CrunkNationEnt » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 am

Despite my total agreement with the OP, I must say to whoever suggested resizing (minimize) the main window in Cubase and fitting it in the workspace how you please, that it works very well! This goes for the Mini Browser, Media Bay and VST window as well!

Props to those that offered this suggestion! :D 8-)

Conman

Post by Conman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 pm

CrunkNationEnt wrote:Despite my total agreement with the OP, I must say to whoever suggested resizing (minimize) the main window in Cubase and fitting it in the workspace how you please, that it works very well! This goes for the Mini Browser, Media Bay and VST window as well!

Props to those that offered this suggestion! :D 8-)

Ah! Someone who listens and doesn't suffer for years hoping for some genius to do three months work to fix what takes ten (nay five) seconds to fix at the user end and doesn't entail writing four pages on how the programmers can fix the "obvious". :mrgreen:
I like sensible.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”