Montage Question WL6e

For users of legacy Steinberg Wavelab software
NorthWood MediaWorks

Montage Question WL6e

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Hello all...

I read and re-read the montage section of the ops manual for WL6 essential, but could not find the answer to this question (could be old age or pseudo-semi-blindness ;) ).... when you save your montage for later editing, it does not recall which plug-ins you've used in the Master section... am I missing something here, seems odd that it would not.....

Anyone lend me a hand on this?

Thanks!
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

Arjan P

Re: Montage Question WL6e

Post by Arjan P » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:56 pm

You first have to save the master section to the montage file separately. With the montage window not full screen, there is an extra icon for it, next to the minimize, maximize and close icons. I'm not at the WL6 PC, so can't describe it in more detail.. You save the master section by pressing CTL plus clicking this icon - it then turns green. After reloading the montage, you have to click this icon to get the settings back. Not very intuitive, but it works!

Luck, Arjan
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 9.5.50 | Cubase 10.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

NorthWood MediaWorks

Re: Montage Question WL6e

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Arjan P wrote:You first have to save the master section to the montage file separately. With the montage window not full screen, there is an extra icon for it, next to the minimize, maximize and close icons. I'm not at the WL6 PC, so can't describe it in more detail.. You save the master section by pressing CTL plus clicking this icon - it then turns green. After reloading the montage, you have to click this icon to get the settings back. Not very intuitive, but it works!

Luck, Arjan
Great, thanks for the info, will give it a go.... perhaps that is hidden in some other part of the manual.

cheers - Robin

Return to “Older Wavelab versions”