cant control metadata wavelab 6

For users of legacy Steinberg Wavelab software
jgolden

cant control metadata wavelab 6

Post by jgolden » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 am

When I load in a wav file and save special as mp3, it automatically fills in the mp3 file metadata title with some file I had months ago. I cant figure out how to change it. There is no metadata editor under tools (or anywhere else). The wav file has nothing in its metadata title, so it must be something hidden in wavelab somewhere. How can I edit the default metadata in wavelab 6?

Joel (yes I need to update)

bob99

Re: cant control metadata wavelab 6

Post by bob99 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:42 am

jgolden wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 am
When I load in a wav file and save special as mp3, it automatically fills in the mp3 file metadata title with some file I had months ago. I cant figure out how to change it. There is no metadata editor under tools (or anywhere else). The wav file has nothing in its metadata title, so it must be something hidden in wavelab somewhere. How can I edit the default metadata in wavelab 6?

Joel (yes I need to update)
When you render or "save special" as mp3, there should be an Audio File Format window that opens if you select Output format (or something like that) in the Save dialog. On that Audio File Format Window is a pulldown called Attributes. That's where you go to change or clear the metadata.

Return to “Older Wavelab versions”