Re-installation of Absolute 2 without going through updates

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
ferion

Re-installation of Absolute 2 without going through updates

Post by ferion »

I just finished erasing and reinstalling my complete PC system (using Win 10 now).

Instead of installing the different Cubase updates I purchased over time I now downloaded the Full installer for Cubase 8.5 (don't need separate older Cubase versions)

My question: How do I handle
a) my Absolute VST Instrument Collection of which I also previously purchased the update to Absolute 2
b) the installation of my "stand alone" purchase of Groove agent 4

If I install the "Steinberg Download Assistant 1.2.0 · 82.4 MB" (from the Steinberg Absolute 2 Download page) first, can I then download and install all the different parts of the complete Absolute collection one by one (WITHOUT necessary prior installation of Absolute 1 and Groove Agent 4 ???

Would be great if someone could give some advice
Cheers
ferion

d I
Cubase 9.5 Pro; Absolute 3VST Instrument Collection, Groove Agent 4, NI Komplete Audio 6

Dirk Stegemann
Steinberg Employee

Re: Re-installation of Absolute 2 without going through upda

Post by Dirk Stegemann »

ferion wrote:If I install the "Steinberg Download Assistant 1.2.0 · 82.4 MB" (from the Steinberg Absolute 2 Download page) first, can I then download and install all the different parts of the complete Absolute collection one by one (WITHOUT necessary prior installation of Absolute 1 and Groove Agent 4 ???
Yes, that's exactly the purpose of the Steinberg Download Assistant application.
Dirk Stegemann
Software Developer & QA
SMTG Digital Unit - Services

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”