HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
Kimon

HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

Post by Kimon »

I've been using Steinberg String Edition 2 for many years and the interface allows you to load 16 instruments vis 1 instance of the VST plugin.
I've just updated my system to 64 bit (with Cubase 8.5 Artist) and installed the HSO demo.
When I look up HSO on the web (for example the Sound n Sound review) the interface looks similar to String Edition, with 16 midi channels to load patches and an online PDF manual shows this too. However, my version has a different inface and I can't see how to load more than 1 channel.
Any help please?
Thanks!

ColinPark

Re: HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

Post by ColinPark »

Not sure what interface you've looking at. I did check the review article, and it doesn't look like that anymore. HSO is loaded as a HALion sound. HALion itself provides multiple slots for multiple patches, which could all be HSO. It looks like this on my system:
HSO.png
(366.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Win 10 (64 bit), 3.5GHz i7-4770K, 32GB RAM, Sabertooth Z87, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, RME fireface UFX, Novation 61SL MkII keyboard controller, Yamaha HS7 monitors. Cubase Pro 10.0.40], HALion 6, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet; Ozone 8 Adv, Neutron 3 Adv, Rx7 Std; Sonarworks Ref 4; Melodyne Studio 4.2.4.001

martytess

Re: HSO - can't load more than a single instrument?

Post by martytess »

Same issue, is this a bad GUI or bad software?

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”