Steinberg Download Assistant

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
Hoosierguy

Post by Hoosierguy »

I couldn't find a part of the forum where something related to the download assistant should be posted...this was the closest.

ONE small change to the download assistant that would make it far more useful, would be for the application to show the version installed along with the available updates. It's barely more useful that going to the website without being able to tell you which version you currently have installed.

Please consider it!
J W Lehman
CWO2 USMC Retired
Laconia, Indiana

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Steinberg Download Assistant

Post by Prock »

When I run my downloaded version of the SDA (which, BTW I hate) it offers me the option to update it with the latest content.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

nizamettin1975

Post by nizamettin1975 »

I'm downloading Iconica Ensembles Trial Version now on Steinberg download Assistant. On the Steinberg Download Assistant, it is reported that the total size of the Iconica Ensembles is 50.24 GB. Steinberg Download Assistant is downloading this file to my computer in Download>Steinberg>Iconica Ensembles. No problem so far. :) But downloading is a long process. While the download process is still running, although the 38 GB of this file appears to have been downloaded in my computer, the Steinberg Download Assistant seems to have downloaded 18 GB of this file. Why is this problem caused?

franekp

Post by franekp »

Hello.

I am also having huge problems in trying to download the Iconica Emsemble trial package - it has been going for three days now, but keeps failing every 5 minutes or so, and only a few GB gets downloaded - then, when restarting download, the total amount downloaded is LESS than before!!. Surely there must be an easier way to access this test program? what is the use of a trial, if I cannot even load it??

JSL

Post by JSL »

franekp wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:16 am
Hello.

I am also having huge problems in trying to download the Iconica Emsemble trial package - it has been going for three days now, but keeps failing every 5 minutes or so, and only a few GB gets downloaded - then, when restarting download, the total amount downloaded is LESS than before!!. Surely there must be an easier way to access this test program? what is the use of a trial, if I cannot even load it??
Hello,
I have the same experience. But in my case it helps to not pause download. I tried it on 3 PCs and only on one computer it ends with fails durring download. On other two, I lost lot of downloaded data after pausing download. So it seems that its kind of related with PC config. Win 7 and win 10 was tested with same result. At the end, I download that strings in one whole day session (yes, I have slow connection) and it works.
I would realy apreciate possibility to buy this sound pack physicaly with some memory medium.
WS: HP Z4 G4, Intel Core i7-9800x, 32 GB RAM
SW: Win 10, Cubase Pro 10.5, SpectraLayers Pro 6, Wavelab Pro 10, Absolute 4, Iconica Opus
HW: CC121, Maschine MKIII, UR44, Motu Micro Lite and analog synths and stuff

profdraper

Post by profdraper »

Hoosierguy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm
I couldn't find a part of the forum where something related to the download assistant should be posted...this was the closest.

ONE small change to the download assistant that would make it far more useful, would be for the application to show the version installed along with the available updates. It's barely more useful that going to the website without being able to tell you which version you currently have installed.

Please consider it!
+1
Also see viewtopic.php?f=126&t=169483
MacPro 7,1 16 core, Catalina 10.15.6, 2TB /192GB, Vega II Duo
8TB OWC Thunderbay 6 RAID 4, 2TB Sonnet M.2 4x4 RAID 0
MiniMon 4k, Dell U3419W, BenQ SW2700PT
Apollo x8, UAD-2 quad PCIe, FaderPort 16, KK S61, Push
Nuendo, Wavelab, ProTools, Logic, Live, FCPX, Resolve Studio 16

profdraper

Post by profdraper »

Prock wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm
When I run my downloaded version of the SDA (which, BTW I hate) it offers me the option to update it with the latest content.

Regards 8-)
Not this one here
MacPro 7,1 16 core, Catalina 10.15.6, 2TB /192GB, Vega II Duo
8TB OWC Thunderbay 6 RAID 4, 2TB Sonnet M.2 4x4 RAID 0
MiniMon 4k, Dell U3419W, BenQ SW2700PT
Apollo x8, UAD-2 quad PCIe, FaderPort 16, KK S61, Push
Nuendo, Wavelab, ProTools, Logic, Live, FCPX, Resolve Studio 16

smithclarkson02

Post by smithclarkson02 »

Sorry if this is an stupid question, but it's been driving me crazy.
While going through the Steinberg Download Assistant, I'm seeing a lot of software listed that I don't remember buying. I don't see any indicators to identify which licenses I have. All options are showing Download buttons but I haven't tried tinkering with these since I don't want to download and install something which then might refuse to work without additional licenses. Did I somehow gain a copy of each of these programs without knowing it (programs such as Dorico, Nuendo, and WaveLab)? If not, is there a way for me to filter out the inaccessible options or simply identify which ones I can use? I've tried looking it up, but I can't find any info on this.

cymro

Post by cymro »

Hi, ive just discovered the SDA yesterday, when i realised that i was using an old version of retrolouge in my Cubase 10 pro. So ive got Retrolouge 2 working, but what other libraries/synths/FX am i entitled to? At the moment im downloading Halion 6, but i have a sneaky suspicion that i would have to pay for that. Maybe i could download version 3 for free having paid for Cubase 10.

I went through the manual last night, but no info there.

Many thanks
cachupisorhechmyndiawlicaudygeg

jimzepellin

Post by jimzepellin »

+1+1+1 to infinity. Why this is not implemented already is beyond me. You should be able to see what's installed and not installed, what upgrades are available and whether they are upgrades, The ability to hide the stuff you have not purchased(or put these in a separate window), and free icecream for everyone. 8-)
If in doubt scream and shout.

GliderBoy

Post by GliderBoy »

+1 to that! It really would be helpful if Download Assistant somehow highlighted the products that I own (as per licenses authorized in Elicenser Control Center), which of those products are currently installed on my machine, and their version numbers. It would also be helpful to see the release date of each item in the details pane on the right side of the Download Assistant window (in addition to the version number that is already displayed there.

Cheers,
GliderBoy
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Z97-Deluxe MoBo, Intel i7 4790K, 32GB RAM, RME Fireface UC, Yamaha Motif XF6, Cubase 10.5 Pro, Wavelab 10 Pro, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, SpectraLayers Pro 6, N-I Komplete Ultimate 12, BFD 3, iZotope Bundles, & a veritable whack of VST plugins and instruments

PF Slow

Post by PF Slow »

The Download Assistant has never worked on either of my two Macs, one running Mojave; the other Catalina. It tries to run but crashes. I've download the latest version way too many times to no avail.

Support told me it was a Java issue but I have the latest JREs on both machines —as I did two years ago when this issue first surfaced. Other apps using Java have no issues.

This isn't a problem with Dorico since that can be downloaded directly but I have licenses for VIs that I cannot download. This is beyond frustrating.

I've contacted Support again. Hopefully, they can send me a direct link. This is ridiculous.
Current licenses for Dorico 3.5.1, Finale 26.3, Notion 6, Overture 5 & Encore; SmartScore 64, NotePerformer
iMac Pro OS 10.14.6; MBP OS 10.15.6; G4 Tiger & OS 9; Win 7 — really? Only when I absolutely must.
Digital Performer 10.11, Logic Pro X 10.15.1
Music Industry Professional, Conductor, Singer, Composer & Arranger. Church music director. Video producer & engineer

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”